Rick Erwin's Nantucket Seafood Grill

I've been dying to try Nantucket Seafood ever since it opened.  My wife and I finally had a chance to try it out recently. It was amazing. And by amazing, I don't mean amazing the way some say people use amazing about everything they find slightly better than average, I mean it really was actually amazing.  (I generally despise hyperbole and exaggeration so much I want to tear my hair out, so rest assured that every part of the following review is meant quite literally.)


Our waiter, David, wasn't amazing but he was very good. If he had serenaded us and comped our meal, then I would elevate him to the level of amazing as well, but since he did not I'll simply say he was awesome.  


I entered the restaurant definitely in the mood for seafood, but David mentioned how good the pork loin was. He was right. It was outstanding. Moist, succulent...amazing. A few days later I replicated the dish at home complete with bourbon reduction. Mine was so-so. My wife was complimentary and mentioned that it was a good effort. 


My wife ordered the Mahi Mahi special. She also reported that it was amazing. Actually I think she said it was fantastic. Even the salad that was topped with some sort of bacon vinaigrette was amazing. Epic even. 


In all seriousness, one thing I really enjoyed about the experience, is that the restaurant is very quiet even when all the tables were full. That isn't true with several other of our local upscale restaurants (and no I'm not talking about Sobys, The Lazy Goat or Nose Dive - yes I am). 


Distance from downtown Greenville: 0 miles.

0 comments: