TreesGreenville Turkey Day 8k 2010



The last couple of weeks I've enjoyed helping to plant trees with an organization called TreesGreenville. This is one of several organizations I've discovered through the Hands on Greenville website. As the name implies, the organization plants trees in the area, mostly through the use of volunteers. It's run by a couple of really nice, knowledgeable, laid back people named Joelle and James. The first time I volunteered I learned a lot about how to properly plant a tree, which explains why I haven't always had such great luck in the past. I had similar learning experiences when I've helped plant vegetables at the Project Host Soup Kitchen garden and when I've done trail construction with the Sierra Club. So in addition to helping the community, there is a personal gain involved in these activities.  

On Thanksgiving Day TreesGreenville is hosting an 8K run at the ICAR facility as a fundraiser. So if you can run further than I can, and you need an excuse to get away from the extended family on Thanksgiving morning, you might want to check it out. You can sign up
here.


DATE & TIME
Thursday, November 25th, 2010 -9am - Turkey Day 8k; 8:30am - 1/4 mile Toddler Trot. Please see the bottom of the page if interested in registering for the Tot Trot.

LOCATION
Hubbell Lighting within the CU-ICAR business park. Hubbell Lighting is located at 701 Millennium Blvd, Greenville, SC 29607.




View Larger Map

0 comments: