Walk America 2008

This guy walked in front of my car today at the corner of Pine Knoll and Wade Hampton as I was stopped at the light, so I looked up his website to see what it was all about. Apparently he's walking from San Francisco to Massachusetts. From his website:

I'm BJ Hill. I am a 32 year old teacher who is walking from San Francisco back home to Massachusetts. I carry a notebook with me, and ask people I meet along the way to write a message to the next President of the United States. I hope to give these thoughts, concerns, and ideas directly to the president after he is elected in November.
http://walkamerica2008.blogspot.com/

So keep an eye out for him. This reminds me of a great book A Walk Across America as well as John Muir's 1000 Mile Walk to the Gulf.

His route:


View Larger Map

0 comments: